There are many different tools that homeowners should have in their toolboxes. These tools can be used for a variety of purposes, from fixing things around the house to completing simple repairs. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most common household tools and what they are used for. With these tools, you can complete many tasks around your home without calling a professional!
Screwdrivers are Tools Homeowners Should Have
A set of screwdrivers is one of the most essential tools for any homeowner. Screwdrivers come in various sizes and can tighten or loosen screws. They are necessary for many tasks, such as hanging pictures or assembling furniture. If you do not have a set of screwdrivers, add one to your toolbox.
Another tool that is essential for homeowners is a hammer. Hammers can be used to drive nails into walls or to pull nails out of wood. They are also helpful for breaking glass in emergencies. Find one with a comfortable grip that weighs 16 ounces.
Tools Homeowners Should Have: Pliers
If you are looking for a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of tasks, get a set of pliers. Pliers can grip objects, twist screws, and cut wire.
There are many wrenches, each of which is used for a specific purpose. Some standard wrenches include the adjustable wrench, the box wrench, and the crescent wrench.
- The adjustable wrench is used to grip a variety of different sizes of bolts and nuts. It has a movable jaw that can be adjusted to fit the object that needs to be tightened or loosened.
- The box wrench is used to tighten or loosen bolts with a square-shaped head. It has a fixed jaw and a movable jaw that fit together to grip the bolt.
- The crescent wrench is used to tighten or loosen bolts with a hexagonal head. It has two movable jaws that grip the bolt and provide torque.
Levels help determine an even edge which comes in handy when hanging pictures or installing shelves. Some common levels include spirit levels, torpedo levels, and carpenter’s levels.
- Spirit levels are used to measure horizontal surfaces. They work by using a bubble in a liquid within a tube. If the surface is level, the bubble will remain in the center of the tube.
- Torpedo levels are used to measure vertical surfaces, using a bubble like spirit levels.
- Carpenter’s levels are used to measure both horizontal and vertical surfaces. They have two bubbles that rotate around a central point. This allows you to get an accurate measurement regardless of the angle of the surface.
A homeowner should have various tools to complete various tasks around the house. These tools can be used to fix a leaky faucet, hang a picture frame, or install a new light fixture. Having these tools on hand will help you to save money by completing simple repairs yourself.